Article Ideas

We know you guys have the best ideas for articles- submit and vote on ideas here!

Be specific and try to pinpoint concepts that you want to know more about or clever ideas that you think would be awesome to see on the blog.

What would you like to see an article on?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Downgrading from Technics 1210s

Can you do a review of USB turntables?
    I don't really mix on the Technics anymore however I got a load of vinyl that I enjoy listening to. Reckon I could make a few ££s selling the decks and analogue mixer that is currently gathering dust. I would like to have a single record player in the living room that's plugged into the sound system. What's my best option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio formats for digital DJs

Hey, I would love to see an article with help on audio formats for digital DJs

Choice of format and a bit of a guide as to what are the advantages/ disadvantages of various formats.

thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. NEXT TIME on the next big thing.

Ya'll sparked a blaze in the comments of 4/20/12's The Next Big Thing full of links to incredible new underground sounds being produced or digitally dug by your readership! I found the controversy over predictions/tastes a waste of time but these links and names of tracks, artists, labels, are net-digging gold!!!
    Hope you bring this subject up periodically and while your controversial predictions did the trick this time, maybe there's another way you can shift the focus more towards commentators sharing their secret weapons?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Legal rights, MP3, DRM, Law!

Hey Guys! I think that many of you will find this interesting and useful!
    So, as I heard, every acc file you download from Beatport etc, is coded with DRM. As you download your songs to windows platform, and then copy this files to your gig laptop - mac, the DRM disappears due to some "technical" stuff. The same thing is while you backup your music library into external drive. NOW, The problem appears for example in Poland. The police is controlling some of the clubs in order to find the illegal downloaded music, and thats okej. But, sometimes while…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How to use TouchOSC on iPad to augment S4/S2 Controller?

I would like to learn how to more effectively use TouchOSC in conjunction with my S4 to control effects or groups of effects (the DJTT S4 custom mapping, for instance) to give more flavor to my DJ sets.

I don't want to use it to replace my controller, those options are rather intuitive in the general TouchOSC templates. I want to learn how to use it as another tool in my DJ arsenal of tricks and instruments. (this may include alternate templates, unless you can use the ones provided. But here is a huge template set I found: http://www.ipad-dj.noelc.com/ipad-dj/4-deck-iPad-TouchOSC-Traktor-control.html )

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. us copy right changes for DJs

can you help DJTT fans understand the importance of a very negative change possibly in the works with the us copy right affecting djs http://raprehab.com

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Scratch Video

Today watch how the Scratch Bandits do their thing uncut !
    Here’s a video of their “Break your Beck” remix.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpe8cg_scratch-bandits-crew-break-ya-neck-remix_music

More info here: http://www.scratchbanditscrew.com/en/885/break-ya-neck-remix-video/#more-885

Enjoy !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. DJ Camp

Could you possible create a DJ camp where we can gain a lot of hands on experience, similar to Dubspot. I think the real value proposition is being able to learn from Ean directly. This has worked well for many of my friends / colleagues with respect to drums / guitars etc. The class could be a combination of the best tutorials on here:

Day 1 - Mixing, transitions, build-ups

Day 2 - Controllerism / Programming controllers

Day 3 - FX theory with respect to different genres

Day 4 - Mixing different genres; mixing songs that have fluctuating tempo

Day…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Live production: software vs hardware.

Focus on the art of live production. Bridging the gap between DJing and production.The software options in terms of controlling, sequencing and live performance etc. The hardware options; live looping, samplers, synths and grooveboxes.. the pros and cons. with examples of artists and links to video clips showing what is possible with the different options available to people.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. DJ Tech Riders! (DJ Bag vs Tech Rider)

I think it would be quite an interesting topic to know what you can put on your "DJ Rider" and what not. Which kind of technical equipment you can expect from the club to bring for you? If it is okay to request a CDJ 2000 why is for example some sort of Midi Controller like the Kontrol X1 not okay even though many DJs use one. Also is it okay to request a certain sound card (e.g. Rane SL3). I have heard some DJ do. How big in terms of fame, do you as a DJ have to be,…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Log On Feature (too much newsletter requests)

You guys should have a "Log On" feature or something so that those who already are subscribed to your newsletter will not be asked to sign up over and over again. It's nothing too serious, but I imagine some people would be agitated by this.

Keep up the great work!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Could you create a listing of Ean's upcoming shows / performances. I am often in the SF area and would love to see Ean in person.

Another tab on the DJTT website that has an upcoming show listing (even local places) with a comments section where we can describe the shows we see and the portions of the show we like. This way you can have crowd sourced feedback.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mixing Tutorials - Transitions & Effects on Traktor / Serato

Different ways to transition into different song genres like breakdowns coupled with transition effects that go with it. Everyone can beatmatch but it's the technique on these transitions that makes DJ's interesting.

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DJ Resume's

I want to send out a resume with all of my DJing experience and the numbers of followers, plays, and downloads. Can you tell us the best way of writing one? Is it just like writing a resume for business or can we spice it up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. VCI-100 fader/jog Cleaning Update and DJTT Store Idea

This article was great but it should add that you should use a fader lubricant in conjunction with a cleaner such as deoxit(which says that its a lubricant but it will leave your faders a bit stiff). Also it would be awesome to see some cleaning products in the DJTT store because this is the place where I tend to look for my dj products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. intergating visuals into your club routine

a guide on using VJ software side by side your DJ software. Pro and cons etc

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More performance techniques for a range of uses. Emphasis on using that many unused tools in traktor and comparable softwares.

We often overlook some of the most impressive features of the performance softwares that use. How to better us the loop recorder and perform it in a live set. How to incorporate original music into a set. Using the clips section to play dj tools to live remix music.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Article Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base