What would you like to see an article on?

Song Analysis

Hey DJTT, Hey Ean.

I think a super simple yet super helpful video could be something that is related more to the music and less to equipment or software or even techniques. At the heart of every dj and performer is a musician. Now its obvious a little strange to compare a DJ to a classical musician or anything of that sort but the one thing that every genre has in common is "music" itself. Now you can be a wicked controllerist or finger drummer but if you dont understand the music or know how to utilize musical elements well it could prove detrimental to your performance and/or career as a musician/DJ. I believe the difference between a good dj/performer and the ones who really 'make it' is being able to immerse oneself and really get into the music and not just throwing effects and samples around, even though those elements tie into a great set . Now im not suggesting teaching people to read sheet music or anything, although it is a great skill. But more understanding the structure of a song: breakdowns, build ups, drops etc. and things such as acapella sections, drums, base, melody etc. Basically all the ingredients that make up the song and how to use them to make some real cool stuff. Other similar videos that you have that are analogous to this type of idea are the mixed in key video and the "building a story with music" video, those were helpful to me trying to form this idea in my head about how to understand the music. But I feel a more in depth video like ive explained would be super helpful to the community.

-Cheers

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dominic Galante shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base