What would you like to see an article on?

DJ Tech Riders! (DJ Bag vs Tech Rider)

I think it would be quite an interesting topic to know what you can put on your "DJ Rider" and what not. Which kind of technical equipment you can expect from the club to bring for you? If it is okay to request a CDJ 2000 why is for example some sort of Midi Controller like the Kontrol X1 not okay even though many DJs use one. Also is it okay to request a certain sound card (e.g. Rane SL3). I have heard some DJ do. How big in terms of fame, do you as a DJ have to be, to be taken seriously with a rider?

Maybe it is a good idea to ask some bigger DJs when they started to use tech-riders and why.

I could imagine for example a "What's in your DJ Bag" with some one like A-Trak. In which you could ask him about how his tech riders has reduced the size of his DJ Bag. ;)

I think this might be an interesting topic as I heard some crazy story from Promoters about DJs and their partly extreme riders...

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Henning shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jack Warren III commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think that it is all about fame, but how much of a crowd can you bring, and how much money can you make for the venue. The revenue needs to be enough that the club/promoters wouldn't mind picking up that extra piece of kit you need.

Feedback and Knowledge Base