What would you like to see an article on?

Extreme budget DVS you can actually use.

I recently got introduced to Mixxx dj software. It's free and can run off Serato, Traktor or Mixvibes timecode vinyl or CDs. I'm personally a Traktor person and decided to test out how low a budget I could go with the software as they have so greatly proclaimed. I bought two $1 sound cards (3D Sound Card), two blank CDs (less than 50c each) and burnt BOTH the traktor AND serato timecodes on it. I also bought budget four Y-Cables (1/4 inch to RCA) at $1 each. Total cost? $7. The logic behind the stuff I got? 2 identical sound cards have the same clocking so, glitches are minimal / negligible. Blank CDs to burn my FREE downloads of timecode mp3s from NI & Serato websites. Y-Cables are two per sound card. One for the stereo input for one channel from my CDJs, one for the stereo output to one channel to the mixer. I almost forgot. Also downloaded ASIO for all and activated only the USB soundcards and reduced the buffer size to 256 samples, used 44100k sample rate and did my test run. Believe it or not, after configuring the audio routing and selecting the timecode type (started off with Serato CD), the software worked PERFECTLY. I did a proper hour with NO HICCUPS. Took it a step further. Did a house party and the whole night used my $7 DVS and it was all good. Now. DJTechtools. How low can you go for a proper functioning budget DVS? I keep my $7 DVS close when I go jamming just in case my Traktor acts up and I need a quick fix. I can get you pics of my budget rig in action if you want em...

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google